Sunday, September 25, 2016

New Adventures

It's been a while since I last posted. Seems to be the bane of many blogs.

I've set my sights on a long distance cycling comeback. The next part of this blog will be the journey to get there.

First I have decided to try to do London Edinburgh London next year.

But first, at lease three major hurdles have to be overcome.

1. Will my body handle the extra kilometres needed in the training and riding?
2. Will I still enjoy the longer distances?
3. Can I actually get entry to the event. Numbers are limited.

Each of these are quite important. If my body can't do it anymore, it can't. If I don't enjoy it still, I'm not going to do it, and finally, if I don't get my entry accepted, obviously I can't do it!!

I'm going to focus on getting my average distance consistently up each week, which has started, and then start to do some longer rides. The first of these being tomorrow as I tackle a 200km Brevet Permanent.

20 January 2017 is the entry date for LEL so I need to focus on answering questions 1 and 2 before then.

The following posts are going to reflect the journey.

No comments: